These terms and conditions are between Genoa Holdings Ltd, trading as The Ellingham Cottages and the Guest(s) who books the Property. The terms and conditions include the Payment Policy and Cancellation Policy as set out below.
- The Guest become liable for all monies due in respect of the reservation, on receipt of the booking confirmation from The Ellingham Cottages.
- The maximum number of guests in a two-bedroom cottage is 4 guests, plus one infant under the age of 2yrs in a travel cot (free of charge)
- The maximum number of guests in our three-bedroom accommodation is 6 guests, plus one infant under the age of 2yrs in a travel cot (free of charge).
- Check-in is from 2pm on day or arrival. Check-out is at 10am on day of departure.
- Please inform us of your travel arrangements for your arrival day so that we can be here to meet you.
- Pets are not accepted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss of personal effects whilst on the premises.
- All accommodation is strictly non-smoking. Any guest found to be smoking within the Property will be asked to leave immediately with no refund to monies paid.
- Please look after the key to your cottage. A £20 surcharge will be applied for any key that is not returned.
- You agree to keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, including items such as kitchen equipment, crockery and glasses clean and in good condition.
- Guests are to be considerate to other guests in regards to noise, tidiness and behaviour.
- Damage to the accommodation or to grounds will be charged at cost.
- A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total stay is required to confirm your reservation. On receipt of the deposit the reservation will be confirmed.
- The following payment types are accepted - credit or debit card, bank transfer, cheque, or cash (GBP Sterling).
- The remaining balance is required 8 weeks prior to your arrival. If you are due to arrive within 8 weeks of your booking, the full payment is required.
- If you pay your deposit via credit or debit card, our SSL compliant system retains your card details securely. Your balance payment is processed automatically 8 weeks prior to your arrival date, unless you advise us otherwise.
- If you do not wish your balance payment to be processed automatically on the card details supplied, you must contact us at least one week prior to the balance due date to inform us and make final payment by the balance due date using your preferred payment method.
- If payment is not received by the balance due date we may treat your booking as cancelled by you (although will make every attempt to contact you prior to this occuring).
- Deposits are non-refundable
- If you cancel your holiday more than 8 weeks prior to your arrival date and you have made the balance payment for your holiday, the balance payment will be refunded in full.
- If you cancel your holiday between 4 and 8 weeks prior to your arrival date and you have made the balance payment for your holiday, the balance payment will be refunded if re-letting is achieved (less difference if re-letting is at lower rate).
- If you cancel your holiday less than 4 weeks prior to your arrival date, the balance payment is non-refundable.
If we cancel or amend your booking
We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but should a problem occur resulting in us needing to make alterations to, or cancel your booking, we will inform you as soon as is reasonably practical. If we cancel your Booking, we will refund in full any fees you have paid to us. However, we will not be liable to refund you for any fees you may have paid to any third party in connection with your holiday (including, without limitation, fees for travel, entertainment, activities or insurance).
It is strongly recommended that adequate travel insurance is obtained to cover unforeseen circumstances (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage). It is also worth noting that Guernsey operates an independent healthcare system and that there is not a reciprocal health agreement with the UK (please check whether there is a reciprocal health agreement with your country of residence, if not the UK). This means that you will have to pay for any medical care at the time of using the service and you will not receive any reimbursement for doing so.
You cannot allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorised, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the Property, nor can you take any animal into the Property. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the Property to you, or can require you to leave it. We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the Booking by you and we shall be under no obligation to refund you for fees already paid to us in those circumstances. Any refund will be at our sole discretion.
You agree to allow us or any representative of ours access to the Property at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs or in an emergency.
The contract between you and us is governed by the law of the Bailiwick of Guernsey and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Guernsey.